Monday 19 October 2009

Gratitude




Showing gratitude for the things you already have is one of the quickest ways to attract more of what you want into your life.

Stop right now, wherever you are and take a few minutes to look around you. What can you see that you are grateful for?

Here's what I can see right now that I am grateful for

I am so grateful for my:

Computer, internet, printer, telephone, beautiful watch, nice clothes, new boots, pens, pencils, my dog, my fish, nice views, the sunshine, a comfortable chair and desk, my files, my calendar, my diary, my schedule of clients, my headphones, my contacts book... and the list goes on.

Imagine as you go about your day how many things you will see to be grateful for, your car, the train, the birds singing in the trees, the grass, the water we have in abundance to drink, the food we have in abundance to eat, the money we have in our purse/wallet, our home, crockery, appliances, people, pets. We live in abundance every day of our life and it's all around us. Even if you have no money in your purse, show gratitude for nature and your heart beating, and your lungs filling with air everytime you breathe in.

The more you are able to show gratitude and focus on what you have available to you in life, the more great things you will get.

For me there is nothing more important than showing gratitude to people. Whether it's your husband, your children, your parents, friends or a complete stranger who impacts your day (a cashier at a supermarket) show your gratitude. If this is something you're not used to, it may feel a little awkward to start with but you'll soon get over that when you see the smile on the face of the person you show gratitude to.

In my journal at the end of every night I make a point of writing a few lines about what I am grateful for. I try to make it specific for the day and I usually add about 10 things.

Here's an example of what that might look like.

Today I am grateful that:

I got lots of work done
My clients were responsive to my coaching and the feedback from them was fantastic
I played games with Jack and we had fun family time
I got to read Jack a bedtime story and have a chat about the day
I received a new book I am really looking forward to reading
Richard (my husband) cooked a wonderful meal for us tonight
I had a lovely chat with my sister on the phone
I got time for a long walk with my dog in the sunshine
I received 3 cheques in the post today
I had a lovely warm soak in the bath before bed.

When we go through our day looking for things to be grateful for we feel wonderful and invite the law of attraction to send us more and more abundance.

3 comments:

  1. 'Want what you have and have what you need.'

    My wallet is empty and I have debts. But it's my choice to live on a part time job. Three days a week is all I can give of my own time to a boss. Yet coworkers are happy to have me, so it's fulfilling.
    I get by adding to my income with second hand books sales and Etsy. All books and crafting materials come from the trash. Everything else I need that's not edible comes from the trash. I get stuff for free and my carbo footprint is minimal. I don't support the corporate world. Occasionally I can spend money on something really durable. To live like this calls for being extra creative. I'm poor but I feel rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on looking at this in such a positive way, but you know there is nothing wrong with wanting more money. Imagine what you could do. It doesn't mean you have to increase your carbon footprints, in fact you could even help with extra money. You are doing a great job at focusing on the good things you have, but I'm a little worried that you're sending out a message to the universe that your feelings about money are negative. For example. You might associate money with long, stressful working hours or being involved in business that you don't like.
    There is an abundance of money in the world and doing something that fills you with passion is a great way to attract it into your life. Take a look at your money beliefs and know that it's okay to want more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like a great day. I'm not doing too bad either. It's great to sip the green tea while reading the blog posts.

    ReplyDelete