Thursday 12 November 2009

To Journal or Not to Journal?



Today I want to talk a little about journaling.  As a novice writter I love to write and for several years I made it a must do task to Journal at the end of the day. 

3 things I am grateful for
3 things I acknowledge as going well in my life
3 intentions for the next day
3 intentions for life

This was my standard formula for journaling.

A little while ago I suddenly realised that this was a chore and not something I was enjoying.  But Journalling is one of the most powerful tools you can use in creating your ideal life. 

I gave this matter some thought over the next few days and decided to stop journaling, for now at least.

I now go to bed and relax into a peaceful nights sleep happily visualising my ideal life.  Since that day I have noticed a real shift in the things I am creating.  I can see my long term goals becoming a reality.

So the answer to the question 'To journal or not to journal' is this.  If it feels good to you then do it.  If it doesn't leave it alone.  Our lives change from day to day, month to month and year to year, what works for you now may not work for you this time next year.  I suggest we all take a few minutes every now and then to reassess the things we do to create our ideal life.

Do you journal?  What do you focus on?  Share your jounalling experiences with us below.


1 comment:

  1. Interesting post.. sligtly different from how i currently view things at the moment. But then, one I do agree that when do feel we need to a break in whatever it is we are doing just take....

    “The discipline of writing something down is the first step towards making it happen”~ L.lacocca.

    you can find me here at Expressive Wellness

    ReplyDelete