Monday 2 November 2009

The Secret - Part 2



In the bestselling film The Secret there's a guy who is trying to attract a new car.  So he pretends he's already got the car and he's enjoying driving it.  He's imagining the noise of the car, the feel of the car.  He's totally getting the feeling of already having the car.

Now I'm not suggesting that we all sit in our living rooms and pretend we're driving our new car (although it's a great idea).  But there's a hidden secret here.  Can you spot it?
It's the FEELING.  When I talk about raising our vibrations, I'm really talking about our feelings.  If you ask the universe for a new car, a new house, a loving partner... and don't have the feeling behind that desire you won't get it.

Take a minute to imagine this scenario.  James is on his way to an important meeting.  He's stuck in traffic and he's only got ten minutes to get to the meeting on time.  James sits in his car and watches the clock, tapping nervously on the wheel.  James opens his window and leans out to see what the problem is.  Cars in front hit the horns in their cars and James does too. 

Have you got this image in your mind?  If you have you're probably not feeling to great.  So is there feeling in this scenario?

You bet there is.  James is anxious, frustrated, angry...  These are negative, horrible feelings, but they sure are feelings.  And the universe loves feelings.  The universe picks up on James feelings and sends out more of those same feeling for James to experience. 

Hmm, I have a good idea James day is not going to go well.

So if you're trying to attract a new partner into your life for example, you need to add the feeling.  How will you feel when you have your ideal partner to share your life with?  What will you do?  Look out for couples who are obviously in love and enjoying each other's company.  Take a moment to recognise them and imagine yourself in the same situation with your ideal partner.  You need to get the feeling.

A good friend of mine complained to me that she was fed up being single and wanted a man to share her life with.  I got her to get clear about the type of man she wanted to share her life with, next I asked her what she would like to do with her ideal partner.  She told me she'd like to have romantic candle lit dinners at home and then snuggle up on the sofa with a glass of wine and watch films.  She'd done all the partying and wanted a man she could just be at home with. 

After we'd talked more about what she wanted, my friend went home and cooked a beautiful meal.  She set the table and placed red rose petals and candles on the table.  She put on a beautiful dress and her best perfume.  She set the table for two people and whilst she enjoyed her meal she imagined chatting to her ideal partner.  After the meal she moved to her lounge and put a film on that was suitable for her and her ideal partner.  Instead of spreading out the full length of the sofa my friend left a space for her partner and watched the film with a nice glass of wine.  When she went to bed, she snuggled towards the middle but no further, she left room for her ideal partner.  As she fell asleep my friend gave thanks for her wonderful evening.

My friend took my advice seriously and continued to live her life as is she already had her ideal man sharing her life. 

Just over a month later my friend telephoned me and told me she'd had a couple of dates which hadn't worked out since we had last met.  She told me they were wonderful men but not her ideal man.  She then told me she'd been dating a man for two weeks and he was wonderful.  She told me she thought she'd found her ideal man.

I'm pleased to say she's still with her ideal man and very, very happy. 

So what happened?

She got really clear about what she wanted and then added the feeling.  She raised her vibrations and the universe delivered what she asked for.

In part 3, I'll be looking at allowing.  This is usually the hard part for most people. 
Click on the follow button to make sure you don't miss this essential step in using the law of attraction to create your ideal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment