Tuesday 23 November 2010

Make It Fun

Jack Canfield said something like "If it ain't fun, don't do it."

He's a smart guy and someone I admire a great deal.  This is great advise but when I first heard it I though Sure that's great but who's going to do my housework and pay the bills and do the cooking etc.

The more I began to understand the law of attraction I began to realise that the trick is not to completely stop doing things you don't like.  After all some things we do that are not fun are essential.  However we can make them fun.  There's nearly always a way if you use your imagination. 

I still clean my house but I make it as fun as I can.  I usually rope in my son or husband and make it a game.

My son and I will often race.  This works really well when general picking up needs to be done.  We'll both have a number (usually about ten) thingss to pick up and put in the correct place.  The first to finish is the winner.

Sometimes I do come across things I have to do that I really don't want to do and I can't imagine any way to make it fun.  When this happens I plan something fun for afterwards.  This way I am looking forward to the fun thing instead of focusing on the thing i don't want to do. 

Give it a go and let me know how you get on.

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment